Frequently Asked Questions

1. What services are included in the rental fee?

As a general matter, the rental fee only includes the use of the facility between 10:00am the day of the event to 10:00am the following day and one planning visit before the event. You may use the facility before and after this time if our schedule permits. A representative of Brandy Hill Farm will be onsite during the event to manage the property. We can provide more support to your event. We can rent you basic accessories including tables, chairs, and a few accessory items.

2. Can you hold our date while we make plans?

In order to hold a particular date, you must execute a lease agreement and pay the deposit fee.

3. When can we begin setup for our event?

By contract, you have a right to visit the property on one occasion prior to the event. You have full use of the property commencing at 10am on the day of the event. However, we will certainly accommodate you as the schedule for the facility permits.

4. Can we meet at the facility with our vendors such as a caterer, decorator, etc?

You may visit the site with your vendors on at least one occasion prior to then event. One advantage of using our preferred vendors is that they are familiar with our facility. They know how to access the property. They know the location of utilities. This simplifies the planning process and promotes a more successful event.

5. Can we use our own vendors?

We strongly suggest that you use vendors from our preferred list. These vendors know our facility. We also know that they are properly licensed and insured. You may use your own vendor. However, Brandy Hill Farm must be notified of all vendors at least 30 days in advance of the event.  New vendors must be approved by Brandy Hill Farm. We reserve the right to refuse access tom vendors that are not properly licensed and insured.

6. Are there costs other than the rental fee?

We require that you have one day, general liability event insurance of not less than $1 million. The least expensive way to accomplish this is usually to obtain a rider on you homeowners or renters insurance. You may also obtain a stand alone policy from your agent.

7. Can we serve our own alcohol?

The service of alcohol is regulated by the Virginia ABC.