It’s certainly not required to provide welcome bags for your guests staying at the hotel room block you’ve reserved for your wedding, but it’s a nice touch and you can have some fun with it too!
Generally, hotel welcome bags are provided to all guests staying at the hotel and can be easily dropped off with the hotel concierge to be delivered to each guest’s room or provided upon check-in. We gave one welcome bag per room and the general idea is to provide some refreshments and snacks to your hotel guests who might need a bite before heading out for the wedding or may appreciate a late-night snack once the party is over. It’s also a great opportunity to incorporate some personal touches so your welcome bag can reflect you as a couple, your hobbies, the area where you’re getting married, or you and your partner’s hometown(s). The hotel welcome bags we prepared for our guests had all of the basics and as a nod to our hometowns, they included Bergers cookies (a Baltimore staple!) and buckeye chocolates (an Ohio favorite). You can embrace the location of your wedding with a nautical or beach theme to your bags or even incorporate the colors of your wedding.
Some basics you might include:
- a note to welcome your guests to your wedding, thank them for being there for you and remind them about any key times, transportation details, etc.
- bottled water
- a map of area attractions
- sweet snacks (granola bars, cookies, candy)
- savory snacks (trail mix, chips, popcorn)
Some extras you might include:
- something fun like mad libs or word search about the happy couple
- mini wine/liquor/champagne bottles
- handheld fan (if your outdoor ceremony will be warm) or a shawl (if your outdoor ceremony could get chilly)
- magnet or bottle opener that represents the location, theme or colors of your wedding
- Do Not Disturb hang tag
Whatever you choose to include will be appreciated by your guests and is a great gesture to welcome them to your wedding!